Andrea's interest in sports injuries stems from her extensive personal involvement in sport over the years, and since student days she has been involved on a physiotherapy front in numerous sporting events including:
• The Cape Argus cycle tour
• The Two Oceans marathon
• On-field physiotherapy for rugby and hockey teams.
Her current and past work involvement includes:
• The Absa Cape Epic mountain bike race
• The Sani2c mountain bike race
• The Cape Odyssey running race
• The Wild Run
• Green Point based Atlantic Triathlon Club
Having played hockey at a competitive level, she understands the demands placed on the body and the frustrations of being injured. Her first-hand experience of injuries, and subsequent successful rehabilitation of them has given her great insight into dealing with her patients' problems, both physically and mentally. Since breaking her leg in 2008, she has taken up cycling and is working towards breaking that elusive 3 hour Argus barrier!